Coronavirus update 16th March2020
17 March 2020 (by Dax Dobbert (diogenies))
Letter sent home with pupils 16th March 2020
This letter (PDF) was sent home with pupils on 16th March 2020
As you’re probably aware, the government’s guidance on the coronavirus has changed from the ‘contain’ phase to one of delaying the spread of the virus. We’re getting in touch to let you know what we’re doing in light of this, and what we expect from all of you, to help make sure our school community keeps safe and calm.
We’d like to reassure you that at St Kentigern’s we’re taking all of the necessary steps to protect our community and are continuing to follow official guidance from the government and Blackpool Council.
What’s the current situation?
- The school remains open – this is the current official guidance we’ve been given
- All school functions continue to run as normal – including after school clubs and planned school trips
- Pupils should attend unless they feel unwell – if your child has any of the following symptoms they should remain at home for 7 days:
- a new, continuous cough and/or
- a temperature
- If your child is unwell, report this as you would normally by ringing 01253 393302 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- We’ll keep you up to date with any changes to the current situation